Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Speeding Up and Slowing Down


I saw two things this morning, on my drive in, that made me think about the funny ways that people deal with time. First was a new level of multitasking: a man out jogging, all dressed in running clothes and camelbak water bottle, and eating a banana at the same time. Then, I saw the line of cars, which had been speeding along in the rush hour traffic, stopped to let two Canada geese hesitantly start across the road.

Of course there's never enough time. Of course we're busy and rushed and have to pack every single thing together that we can. But we also have time, somehow, to stop for the things that really matter to us.

Today, I hope that I can tell the difference.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all have the same 24 hours in a day. Where we differ is how we choose to use that time. Cram it full of as many things as we can? Multitask ourselves crazy? Or focus on the really important things, let the unimportant things slide, and ask for help on the things we can't handle by ourselves? (I'm still in training on this.)