Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Week of One Thing

I've been meaning to do this for a while--but I just keep avoiding it. Which (sigh) means I really probably ought to. This is the week of one thing. Or actually, it's going to be the four days of one thing, because I'm too chicken to try a week. What do I mean? Well, I'm an excellent multi-tasker. Give me a minute, and I'll check my email, look at my texts, flip through a magazine, and have a meaningful and caring conversation with my four year old. Except, of course, for that last one, which isn't really possible if you're doing the first three. So for the next four days I'm trying to leave all the multi-tasking behind. That means no flipping back and forth between two things, no scanning the web while I'm on the phone, and no glancing at my phone while I'm stopped at a red light. (That last one is really dangerous, by the way--another good reason to stop). I'm going to try for mindfulness, at least for four days. Will I get everything on my to-do list finally done? Will I get nothing done? I'll keep you updated.

No comments: