Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Read, Read, Read...Think

I'm back from the first of two weeks of study leave I'll take this summer, and my mind is swirling with everything I've read. It's always amazing to me that when I am able to take a break from the pace of email and the space of the office I really do think differently. Each year, I'm surprised how many of my platform topic ideas come from that week or two of study leave...even when the topics themselves seem to be totally unrelated to the books I've read! I did read some books this time, though, and I'll be posting reviews of each of them here over the next couple days. And I welcome recommendations for other books! I do get to them eventually (one of the books I'll review, "Death With Interruptions" was loaned to me almost a year ago by a WES member). Right now, I'm just aware of the different kinds of thinking that we're all capable of, and what a luxury it is to expand my mind into the less-usual kind of thinking when I'm able.

No comments: